Clear from the Crowd provides services to help individuals clarify and identify their skills and experience. Then to understand how to present themselves in the job market in the best possible way. Personal data that Clear from the Crowd processes is in regards to providing these services and relates to its clients. This Data Protection policy sets out a commitment to ensuring that any personal data, including special category personal data, which Clear from the Crowd processes, is carried out in compliance with data protection law.
This Data Protection policy applies to all personal data processed by Clear from the Crowd. It is part of Clear from the Crowd’s approach to compliance with data protection law.
Data protection principles
Clear from the Crowd complies with the data protection principles set out below. When processing personal data, it ensures that it is:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes
- all adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed
- all accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date and that reasonable steps will be taken to ensure that personal data that is inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, is erased or rectified without delay
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data is processed
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data. This includes protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures
Clear from the Crowd will facilitate any request from a data subject who wishes to exercise their rights under data protection law as appropriate. We will always communicate in a concise, transparent, intelligible and easily accessible form and without undue delay.
Process and procedures
Clear from the Crowd will:
- ensure that the legal basis for processing personal data is identified in advance and that all processing complies with the law
- only collect and process the personal data that it needs for purposes it has identified in advance
- ensure that, as far as possible, the personal data it holds is accurate. Or a system is in place for ensuring that it is kept up to date as far as possible
- only hold onto your personal data for as long as it is needed, after which time Clear from the Crowd will securely erase or delete the personal data. Data will be retained for a period of one month from the completion of the provision of services to allow for any client queries that might arise during this period. The exception is where express consent has been given by the client to join our mailing list
- ensure that appropriate security measures are in place to ensure that personal data can only be accessed by those who need to access it and that it is held and transferred securely
Data Subject Rights
Any request made by an individual to exercise their rights under data protection law will be considered without undue delay. This will be within one month of receipt as far as possible.
- Subject access – the right to request information about how personal data is being processed. This includes whether personal data is being processed and the right to be allowed access to that data and to be provided with a copy of that data
- Rectification – the right to allow a data subject to rectify inaccurate personal data concerning them
- Erasure – the right to have data erased and to have confirmation of erasure
- Restriction of processing – the right to ask for certain processing to be restricted
Responsibility for the processing of personal data
The owner of Clear from the Crowd takes ultimate responsibility for data protection.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights under the GDPR and this Data Protection policy, you can contact Clear from the Crowd in the following ways:
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Write to us at:
Clear from the Crowd
The Enterprise Centre University Drive
Last Updated: 2nd April 2021